After you create your own web site, you may be wondering why your site isn’t getting any hits. Here are some
1) Your web site takes too long to load- One of the reasons that you could possibly not be getting any traffic to your web site is that it takes too long to upload. There are a variety of reasons that could cause this problem. The most common are that your web site has a virus or you have put too much advertising onto your web site. The advertisements require a lot of space, which in return can make uploading your web site very slow. This will deter people from visiting your web site because they are inpatient and want to get their information when they want it. There are plenty of other web sites that they have to choose from.
2) You don’t update frequently enough- Not updating your web site enough can definitely prevent your web site from getting traffic. When you don’t update frequently enough, the information and things on your web site begin to become out dated. This is a big problem for people who like looking things up online. They want the greatest and latest on what is going on. Think of the saying, “that’s yesterday’s old news”.
3) You haven’t told anyone about it- Even if your web site is awesome and provides readers with high quality content, you won’t get any traffic if no one knows about your web site. The easiest way to tell people about your web site is to encourage your family and friends to visit the web site. Then you can encourage them to urge their own family and friends to visit the site. You will increase the amount of traffic to your website via word of mouth.
4) You can’t read your content- Choosing the right colors is very important when it comes to your web site and traffic. The colors of your background and text must contrast enough so that readers are able to easily see the words. You can test your color scheme by checking out your web site on a variety of different computers. This will give you the ability to see what your viewers see from a variety of different computers. Colors can appear different on different computers.
5) You have too much competition- Finally; you may not be getting any traffic to your web site because you have too many competitors. Therefore, the people who would be potentially interested in your web site can find someone else who is providing the same thing. In order to set yourself apart from the competition, you need to include something that makes your web site unique. For example, a web site on celebrity gossip could include a horoscope section of their web site.